Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time Management


In order to be more organized for the upcoming school year, I am going to be more organized with my time. I'm going to have a lot on my plate with extra curricular activities and what-not this semester and if I'm not organized, it will be disastrous. I recently ran across a blog called "Study Hacks" run by an MIT graduate student who is well known for giving students advice on being successful in school. I'm going to start trying out some of his advice by being more organized and am going to give a "test run" this week. The idea is to have goals for a certain day and accomplish them without having too much time constraint.

"Time-blocking" is more flexible as I can assign multiple tasks in a given time slot and accomplish them at my own pace without being pressed for time but still get the tasks done within a time slot. For example this week I have assigned myself to read two chapters in my book, read an health article, and check my e-mail/internet stuff from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. I'll update in a week and give results!

No comments:

Post a Comment