Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting: Story of My Life


It seems apparent to me that life consists of a series of waiting and waiting to hear back from certain people so you can plan the next step of your life and succeed. Being a pre-med on a quest to medical school I've recently contacted surgeons to see if I can shadow them, professors to see if I can do research with them, different organizations to see if I can volunteer for them,etc. for this upcoming school year. The worst part is waiting to hear back from them because all kinds of thoughts start running through my mind like "Did they read my e-mail but are just going to ignore me?", "Maybe they haven't got around to checking their e-mail yet", "They probably read it but are going to think about it", my point is it makes you paranoid....I hate the waiting game! It's hard to plan because what if I contact someone else and right when I do the orignal person I contacted says yes? Oh the dilemma..

No comments:

Post a Comment